LDS Church Forgoes Subsidies for Redevelopment
City Creek Center -- the LDS Church's recently announced downtown development -- will not be subsidized by taxpayers. What does this mean?
- No so-called "public-private partnership".
- No RDA or tax increment financing
- No free infrastructure.
- No diversion of tourism taxes.
- No new taxpayer-funded parking facility
- No logic-free claims by county and city officials that subsidies for locally-driven retail and entertainment "grow" the economy.
And yes, this development will be fully taxable like any other for-profit entity.